C-2 Insulation and Acoustical Contractor

California Contractors License Classification:
C-2 Insulation and Acoustical Contractor

In order to run your own business doing specialized sound insulation, ceilings and partitions you must pass the California State Contractors License exam for a C-2 Insulation and Acoustical Contractor. As a C-2 Insulation and Acoustical Contractor, you will work on a variety of installations of media and preformed architectural acoustical ceilings, partitions, and insulations. A C-2 can work on residential jobs providing sound proofing in basements or attics for example, or working on larger commercial projects such as partitions in hospitals, sound absorption in libraries or educational facilities.  There is a high demand for C-2 Insulation and Acoustical Contractors in the commercial side including auto dealerships, churches, entertainment facilities, medical facilities and retail outlets.

With a C-2 license you can expect to work on such projects as:

  • Suspended Acoustical Ceilings
  • Specialty Ceilings
  • Demountable Partitions
  • Sound Absorption Insulation
  • Commercial Insulation
  • Residential Insulation

The Contractors State License Board defines a C-2 Insulation and Acoustical contractor as someone who installs media and preformed architectural acoustical materials for the purpose of temperature and/or sound control. Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
At Contractors State License Services we can assist you in passing the C-2 Insulation and Acoustical License exam. We offer a variety of courses to meet a variety of educational needs; including live in-school instruction, on-line study programs, and crash courses. Many of our courses are offered in English and Spanish. Contractors State License Services has over 25 locations throughout California and over 25 years experience in helping contractors pass the law and trade portions of the CSLB exam.

Our exam materials will include curriculum that cover the following content:

  • Job Planning & Estimating
  • Acoustical Insulation
  • Insulation New Installation
  • Insulation Retrofitting
  • Safety Equipment, Hazardous Material, Scaffolding and Ladders

The California Contractors State License Board requires a minimum of four years journeyman-level experience in order to apply for a California Contractors license.

For more information on how to get your C-2 Insulation and Acoustical license, call us at 800 303-4691.