CSLB Exam Prep Classes
- In-School Law & Trade
- Law & Business Online
- Home Study Law & Trade
- Crash Course
- Test Taking Skills
- Construction Math Review
Seminars & Continuing Ed
- Blueprint Reading Seminar
- California Electrical Cert.
- EPA - RRP Certification
- Mold Remediation
- Home Inspection Course
- ICC Certification
- Online Practice Exam for CA State License Exam
- Online Companion Guides for CA State License Exam
- TRY NOW! Online Practice Exam Demo
Clases de Español
Contractor Business Services
- Meet our Instructors
- Online Store
CIA Insurance Services
What is an Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)?
- Physicians are contracted to an HMO act as a ”gatekeeper” to other medical services
- Usually has co-payments instead of deductibles
- You choose a Primary Care Physician within the HMO
- Lower out-of-pocket costs
- Generally lower premium cost than traditional plans
- Kaiser is an example of an HMO
What is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)?
- PPO’s offer more flexibility in choosing your physician
- You can choose to receive treatment from physicians within the network or outside of it
- PPO pays higher portion of costs if you stay within the network
- Plans have deductibles and co-payments
- Generally have a higher cost than an HMO
What is an Indemnity Policy?
- Allows you to choose any doctor and hospital you wish, a fee for service plan
- Costs more than the above two options but gives you more flexibility.
What is Aflac?
- Aflac is an indemnity type policy offering many coverage options. Their plans pay you cash when you suffer from a covered accident, injury, or illness. It offers excellent, affordable supplemental coverage to your health plan.